I Am A Ruby Red Baby, I am Murphy, beloved baby, sweet boy, golden doughnut, sexy beast, thunder paws, farrah fawcett, cuddle muffin, fluffy butt, sock surgeon, egg shaped baby, paper addict, ice cube hunter, jello lover, best traveling dog ever and beaver butt.

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Tracking a New Friend



I woke Mommy up this morning....well I was trying to wake Daddy up but he has been sick and cranky so Mommy got up and took me on a walk this morning. She takes me on good walks up and down the road, and today I pulled and pulled because I wanted to find a new friend.

There were lots of prints in the snow including man prints and a big dog prints. The big dog was a good dog, I could tell. He always walks to the left of his man, he didn't run too far ahead, or too far into the woods. I have trouble with those impulses and I wanted to talk to him about it. I love walking with my Mommy but she always keeps a long leash on me so I will be able to run, but not go across the big road, or into the woods without her.

I usually only smell the regulars who live in our area. Lots of birdies, a variety of annoying squirrels who torment me when I am inside at the kitchen window, evil bunnies who come out at night and think I can't see them and the elusive and most desirable of all outdoor creatures, deer. Oh how I long to romp with the deer. But that is another story...

Today I tracked and dragged Ma-Mah through the frozen tundra and finally met Dakota and his man Fran. Dakota is 8 years old; he is a big beefy 1/2 Husky, 1/2 Golden Retriever - I tried not to make him feel bad about being so old and only 1/2 GR....he was bigger than me and put his mouth right around my neck, so I would know he is the boss of me. I gave him a friendly swat back, but I am a lover not a fighter. Mom was proud of me. We walked for a while back to Dakota's car. Dakota was hit by a car when he was a little pup so he has a limp, but he is allowed to walk with his man off leash, I was jealous.

I love walking in the snow. I especially love rolling in the snow. I like to find a soft clean pile of snow and fling myself into it. I dig my face into the snow, fling my legs in the air and wiggle by back. I roll back and forth. It is kind of like making a snow angel, but I am a bit more abstract than that. I make snow galaxies inspired by the sparkling night time skies.

Mommy and I finished our walk by dropping off the blue bag in the garage where Mommy keeps her collection of my "gifts". She likes to keep them all in one place so that she can show Daddy later. She is always proud of me when I make one, and we laugh and cheer and jump up and down when she puts it in the blue bag.

I am going to take a nap on the couch now. We like to sit and watch tv together. Usually Mom will sit next to me and pet my belly or my rump. We like to be cozy.

Thanks for joining me on my adventure today.

Dakota if you are reading this - I hope to see you again next weekend!

6 Treats!:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a wonderful life!
I hope you see Dakota some time in the near future.=)

Murphy's Mom said...

thanks for coming by moopee...I am not fond of fleas in general, but you seem to be a rarely literate flea, and I am intrigued. I'll check out your site now.

Anonymous said...

I want to Flea College=P

Anonymous said...

*went

Murphy's Mom said...

not me! I am a doggy school drop out. woof!

Amy said...

As a first time Golden Retriever mom it is nice to see that others are just as passionate about their GR's. I have been comtemplating a sibling for my girl......any advice? Thank you in advance for any you may have to share :-)